Research at CryptoExperts is Unique
CryptoExperts' Research Team
Our research group is mostly constituted of industrial experts holding a PhD in cryptography, and maintains a word-class expertise that simultaneously covers theoretical and practical aspects of cryptographic systems.
- Publications: 236
- Best papers awards: 9
- Program chairs: 6 times
- Program committees: 60 times
CryptoExperts is a research group of well-recognized experts in cryptography and is connected to a network of more than 45 technology partners from across the globe.
Ranging from hardware cryptoprocessing to user-privacy, from lightweight encryption to white-box cryptography, here is a selection of our current project projects.
How Fast Can Higher-Order Masking Be in Software?In EUROCRYPT 2017, 2017.
Stream ciphers: A Practical Solution for Efficient Homomorphic-Ciphertext Compression.In FSE 2016, 2016.
NFLlib: NTT-based Fast Lattice Library.In CT-RSA 2016, 2016.
Lattice Attacks against Elliptic-Curve Signatures with Blinded Scalar MultiplicationIn Selected Areas in Cryptography 2016, 2016.
Program Chairs and Committees
CryptoExperts' team strongly supports the quality of the cryptographic research and has been involved in many program committees, including as program chairs.
Conferences & Workshops Organizations
CryptoExperts' team has also benevolently organized several conferences and workshops.
Dr. Pascal Paillier
- Asiacrypt 2005 Best Paper Award
Dr. Matthieu Finiasz
- FSE 2014 Best Paper Award
Dr. Matthieu Rivain
- CHES 2008 Best Paper Award
- CHES 2007 Best Paper Award
Prof. Louis Goubin
- CHES 2010 Best Paper Award
Prof. Antoine Joux
- IACR Fellow 2014
- Eurocrypt 2014 Best Paper Award
- Gödel Prize 2013
- Eurocrypt 2012 Best Paper Award
- Asiacrypt 2009 Best Paper Award
CryptoExperts is a partner of the coordination & support action ECRYPT-CSA, and of the research network ECRYPT-NET, sponsored by the European Union's H2020 programme.
The goal of this CSA is to strengthen European excellence in the area of cryptology and to build on the Network of Excellence ECRYPT and ECRYPT II to achieve a durable integration and structuring of the European cryptography community, involving academia, industry, law enforcement and defense agencies.
Concretely, the project has the following objectives:
- Joint research agenda and foresight studies on 15 cryptographic hot topics
- Identification and technology gaps, market and implementation opportunities
- Contribute to the development of European standards, including for the public sector
- Dissemination and outreach to broad range of communities and strengthening the link with institutional stakeholders such as the European Commission
During this project (March 2015 - March 2018), CryptoExperts will organize the four following workshops:
ECRYPT-NET is a research network that intends to develop advanced cryptographic techniques for the Internet of Things and the Cloud and to create efficient and secure implementations of those techniques on a broad range of platforms. The project is funded by a Marie Skłodowska-Curie ITN (Integrated Training Network) grant. The network will educate a group of 15 PhD students who are expected to spend at least six months abroad in a network partner or in one of the 7 associated companies.